Come create with us!
Our mission is to captivate audiences through diverse programming, cultivate local artistry, and inspire community collaboration. We look forward to working with you!
- Submissions are open to any South Carolina affiliated playwright or playwright’s representative
- Multiple entries per playwright/playwright’s representative is permitted.
- Playwrights must submit a cover letter along with their script that includes a brief summary of the play, a description of the playwright's connection to South Carolina, and a suggestion of the unique perspective or experience provided by the playwright's body of work.
- NO entries may be previously published.
- Likewise, NO entries may have previous fully realized, regionally produced performances through the dates of the Centre Stage New Play Festival 2022 (previous readings and workshops are acceptable).
- Entries may have NO more than seven (7) actors required.
- All entries must be no more than 120 pages, but one-act and full length plays are welcome.
- Scripts must be in the Traditional or Modern format for plays as defined by the Dramatists Guild.
- While screenplays and 10 minute plays will NOT be accepted, musicals and plays with music may be submitted.
Welcome to Centre Stage! Our season runs from September 1 - August 31. This database is ongoing, so there are multiple show seasons listed. Take note of the season when selecting your show interest. We are constantly updating and adding shows so remember to check back and update your profile regularly. We look forward to adding you to our wonderful database of talented actors, musicians, and performers!
Please be sure to fill out the entire questionnaire and include your resume and headshot. Make certain you set up your account to be notified when you have received a response so that you do not miss any communication from us.
2023 - 2024 Season
Centre Stage will be attending UPTA's, SCTA's Upstate Unified Auditions, as well as holding our Season Auditions March 11th & 25th, as well as June 10th & 11th. To be considered for a position in any production, we advise that you submit and/or update your information through this portal.
Although a video monologue, vocal, and dance video are not required, you are strongly encouraged to provide this information to give us the most complete idea of your interests and abilities. Please limit submissions to no longer than 90 seconds each.
Audition Notices and Character Breakdowns for our upcoming season will be posted on our website when made available.
If you should have any questions, please feel free to contact our Production Manger at AustinJKara@centrestage.org. We look forward to your submission!
Welcome to Centre Stage ~ SC! Our season runs from September 1 - August 31. The database is ongoing so there are multiple show seasons listed. Take note of the season when selecting your interest. We are constantly updating and adding shows so remember to check back and update your profile regularly.
Centre Stage produces approximately twelve (12) to sixteen (16) productions yearly and we hire a wide variety of team members to help bring about a successful show. We look forward to adding you to our wonderful database of talented candidates. Please be sure to fill out the entire questionnaire and include your resume, headshot, any portfolio items you desire, along with three references.
Internships are also available. If you are interested in applying for an internship with Centre Stage, please contact Laura Nicholas directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remember to make certain you set up your account to be notified when you have received a response so that you do not miss any communication from us.
Any additional questions may be directed toward AustinJKara@centrestage.org.