Where entertainment never stops!
Our mission is to produce diverse theatre, support local artists, and provide dynamic outreach opportunities.
- Submissions are open to any South Carolina affiliated playwright or playwright’s representative
- Multiple entries per playwright/playwright’s representative is permitted.
- Playwrights must submit a cover letter along with their script that includes a brief summary of the play, a description of the playwright's connection to South Carolina, and a suggestion of the unique perspective or experience provided by the playwright's body of work.
- Playwrights must also pay a $15 processing fee per script to enter the competition. This processing fee goes directly towards funding the festival.
- NO entries may be previously published.
- Likewise, NO entries may have previous fully realized performances through the dates of the Centre Stage New Play Festival 2020 (previous readings and workshops are acceptable).
- Entries may have NO more than seven (7) actors required.
- All entries must be no more than 120 pages, but one-act, full length, and 10 minute plays are welcome.
- Scripts must be in the Traditional or Modern format for plays as defined by the Dramatists Guild.
- While screenplays will NOT be accepted, musicals and plays with music may be submitted in this year's contest.
Please fill in as much information as possible to help us to fulfill your volunteer goals.